Through this article, you will learn the first-time setup (Installation) for HP Officejet Pro 8710-8720 series printers. This article is applicable for the following HP Officejet Pro 8700, 8702, 8710, 8715, 8717, 8718, 8719, 8720, 8725, 8728, 8730, 8740 and 8745 All-in-one printers.
To install a new printer, you need to unbox it, remove all the packaging materials, make power connections, set control panel preferences, install cartridges, and do paper loading. After installation, you need to download the printer driver software as per your system specifications. Lastly, you need to connect HP Officejet Pro 8700, 8710, 8720, 8730, and 8740 series printer to wifi.
Installation Instructions- HP Officejet Pro 8700, 8702, 8710, 8715, 8717, 8718, 8719, 8720, 8725, 8728, 8730, 8740 and 8745 All-in-one Series First Time Printer Setup
Unboxing of the printer device
- Firstly extract your printer from the box.
- Now you are supposed to remove all the tape and packaging material from outside the printer.
- Next, detach thin film from the printer control panel.
- Now raise the scanner lid and take out the packing material and then close it.
- Finally, recycle the packaging materials.
Connect the power cable to make connections and set preferences
Note: Make sure you don’t connect the power cable at this time. The connection between printer and computer will be done during the software installation.
- Firstly, you are supposed to connect the power cord to the rear end of the printer. Then connect the other end to the electric socket.
- Now turn your printer ON.
- Next, you need to set the basic preferences from the control panel, choose your preferred language, and tap to confirm.
- Then it will ask you to select your country region and then tap on yes to confirm your selection.
- Lastly, select the date and time if prompted from the screen.
Load paper stack into the input tray
- Make sure you use a U.S letter of A4 size paper inside the input tray.
- First of all, open the input tray and remove any packing material.
- Next, you need to load the stack of plain white A4 size paper into the input tray. Ensure the position of short edge forward and print side down.
- Shift the paper stack inside the tray until it stops moving.
- Move the paper width guides inside until it reaches against the edges of the paper stack.
- Finally, insert the input tray inside the printer.
Installation of ink cartridges
- Firstly, open the ink cartridge access door.
- Now you have to wait until the carriage stops moving.
- Insert each color cartridge into its slot accurately.
- Close the ink cartridge access door.
Note: Now the printer will start an initialization process. During this, it is normal that the printer will make noise. After its completion printer will print an alignment page.
Download and install printer driver and software for HP officejet pro 8710-8720
Now your printer hardware setup is completed. Here you can find the link to download and install the printer driver and software. Do not connect your printer to the computer until instructed after the driver installation.