You can utilize the HP Smart app for printing, copying, and scanning from Mac-based computers. Furthermore, a user has the authority to resolve printing, setup, or scanning issues with the help of this tool. Nowadays, HP Smart is one of the great tools to set up wireless printers to a local wifi network.
How to install HP Smart app for Mac
- First of all, download and install the HP Smart app from Mac App Store.
Note:- If you are using a VPN connection, then first disconnect from it and then start the downloading.
- You are supposed to create a new account for HP to reach all printer services if you are using it first time on your device.
- Otherwise, you can sign in with your HP login credentials.
- Next, you are supposed to open the HP Smart app and click on Add Printer or the plus sign to search your printer.
- Later that, you require to connect the printer to the local wifi network.
Note:- Follow the complete guide to connect the hp printer to wifi on mac via the HP Smart app.
How to use HP Smart app on macOS
Get your document scanned and printed just by clicking on the HP Smart app home screen tiles. Moreover, you can fix some of the common problems, monitor printer status, and set preferences.
- For printing, you require to select the print type from the home screen, pick an item to print, and then switch any print job settings. Lastly, click on print to get a print copy.
- For scanning, select scan from the scanner glass or document feeder or the computer. You can practice editing tools if required, then print, save, or share the scanned paper.
- Manage printer, click on your printer icon from the HP Smart app home screen to modify preferences and choices. You can examine for printer state and more further.
- Add or remove home screen tiles, tap on app settings from the bottom of the screen.
How to exercise Diagnose and Fix in-app feature to resolve common printing issues on macOS
Diagnose and Fix is one of the outstanding features to resolve common printing issues on macOS computers. Here are some resolvable issues listed below:-
- It can examine the printer for offline status and make it online by reconnecting it to the network.
- Unable to find the printer on the network.
- If your printer is connected to the wrong port. Then it will auto-connect it to the right one.
- Resolve printer spooler errors.
- It can automatically check for driver updates and install them.
- With this, you can solve stuck print jobs in the queue. Furthermore, it can resume any paused print job from the queue.
Diagnose and Fix
- First, open the HP smart app.
- Next, you need to click on your printer, then click on Printers from the top menu bar. Finally, click on the diagnose and fix.
- Now click on Start.
Note:- You don’t need to close the HP Smart app while the troubleshooter is running.
- Follow the on-screen instructions from the tool to fix any found issue.
- If the issue does not get resolved. Then you advise searching the explicit error message on the HP website to fix it.
Frequently asked questions on the app.
What are the conditions to use the HP Smart app on a Mac?
- An HP printer that is fit for the HP Smart app.
- The Mac-based computer and printer device must be connected to the same wifi network and have internet access.
- MacOS 10.13 and succeeding
Note:- For macOS 10.12 or earlier, you need to download and install HP Easy Start. Furthermore, you can do the hp printer setup with the help of Apple AirPrint Software Mac.
Why do I need to sign in or create an account to use HP Smart?
The app gives printing and scanning features, whereas it includes some premium peculiarities such as mobile fax.
HP Smart on Mac helps to share access, manage remotely, and get a print from any place with a compatible printer. That is why creating an account or signing in is given preference.
Which languages are supported by the HP Smart app?
Which printers are fit for the HP Smart app?
Practically all the wireless printers built-in 2010 and later are fit for HP smart app on macOS.
Why am I unable to connect my wireless printer to wifi and print over the network?
- Bad network connection- Locate your printer and system nearer to the wireless router and examine the signal strength is improved or not.
- Printer off mode- Make your printer in the ready state. So, touch the printer control panel or click on the power button to wake it up.
- Examine printer connection state- Make sure printer and system are connected with the same wifi network. Examine the light next to the wireless symbol or button to make sure it is on. If it is blinking or off, then it indicates the printer disconnects from the network.
- Reconnect the printer to the network- Place your printer within the range of your wireless router. Now with the help of the wifi setup guide, try to connect it to the internet.
- Restart printer and computer- You have to restart your printer and computer earlier to remove any additional error states.
- Print wireless test report- From the HP customer support website, click on the printer support link from the products drop-down menu. Next, you need to scroll down and search for your printer model. Then search for a self-test page to find out the document on how to print and evaluate the report.
- Enable Bluetooth for HP smart app setup- You assumed to enable Bluetooth on your Mac-based computer with the purpose that HP Smart can detect the printer in the setup process.