One can easily use the HP Smart app for Windows platform for printing, copying, scanning, etc. Moreover, you can troubleshoot some of the common printing issues with the help of the tool. Nowadays, HP Smart is one of the powerful tools to set up wireless printers to a local network.
How to Install HP Smart app for Windows
- Firstly download the HP Smart app for Windows from Microsoft Store.
- You can sign in with your Microsoft credentials to use the app across the devices. Click No, Thanks, if you don’t want to sign in.
Note:- Before downloading, you suppose to disconnect from the VPN connection.
- You need to create a new HP account to reach all printer services if using it first time on your device.
- Otherwise, you can sign in with your HP login credentials.
- Next, you supposed to open the HP Smart app and click on Add Printer or the plus sign to search your printer.
- After that, you need to connect the printer to the local wifi network.
Note:- Follow the complete guide for HP printer wireless setup for windows via HP Smart app.
How to Use HP Smart app on Windows Platform
Get print and scan by just clicking on the HP Smart app home screen tiles. Furthermore, the user has the authority to troubleshoot some of the common issues, check printer status, and set preferences.
- For printing, you supposed to select the print type from the home screen, choose an item to print, and then change any print job settings. Finally, click on print to get a print copy.
- For scanning, select scan from the scanner glass or document feeder or the computer. You can use editing tools if needed, then print, save, or share the scanned document.
- Manage printer, tap on your printer image from the Hp Smart app home screen to change preferences and options. You can check for printer status and more.
- Add or remove home screen tiles, click on app settings from the bottom of the screen.
How to use Diagnose and Fix in-app to resolve common printing issues
Diagnose and Fix is one of the many troubleshooting tools built-in HP smart for Windows computers to fix common printing issues. Some of the common fixable issues are listed below:
- Fix print spooler errors
- Printer not found on the network
- It checks for printer-offline status and reconnects it to the network if disconnected.
- Solve stuck print job in the queue, resumes any paused print job in the queue. Also, fix other print queue errors.
- It can check for any available update for drivers and install it.
- If the printer connects to the wrong port, then it can connect it to the correct port.
Diagnose and Fix
- Firstly, open the HP Smart app.
- Now, click on the diagnose and fix icon from the bottom left corner of the screen.
- Next, click on Start.
- You need to follow the instructions provided by the tool to fix the issues.
- If the issue does not get resolved. Then you recommend searching the specific error message on the HP website to fix it.
Frequently asked questions on the app.
What are the requirements to use the HP Smart app on Windows?
- An HP printer that is compatible with the HP Smart app.
- The printer device and the computer must be connected to the same wifi network and have internet access.
- Windows 11 version 21H2 and succeeding
- Windows 10 version 1803 and succeeding
Note:- For Windows 10 version 1709 or earlier, download and install HP Easy Start driver software.
Why am I unable to connect my wireless printer to wifi and print over the network?
- Inadequate network connection– Locate your printer and system nearer to the wireless router and examine the signal strength is improved or not. If the internet is still slow, then restart your router.
- Printer off mode– Make your printer in the ready state. So, touch the printer control panel or click on the power button to wake it up. Occasionally your printer might show an offline status when it is ready actually.
- Examine printer connection state– Ensure that printer and system connect to the same wifi network. Check for the light next to the wireless icon or button to make sure it is on. If it is blinking or off, then it means the printer disconnects from the network.
- Reconnect the printer to the network– Locate your printer within the range of your wireless router or wifi network. Now with the help of the setup guide, try to connect it to the network.
- Restart devices– You can restart your printer and computer once to remove any other error circumstances.
- Print wireless test report– From the HP customer support website, click on the printer support link from the products drop-down menu. Next, you need to scroll down and search for your printer model. Then search for a self-test page to find out the document on how to print and evaluate the report.
- Enable Bluetooth for HP smart app setup– You supposed to enable Bluetooth on your computer with the intent that HP Smart can detect the printer in the setup process.
Why do I need to sign in or create an account to use HP Smart?
The app provides printing and scanning features, whereas also some premium features such as mobile fax.
You can also use HP Smart to remotely manage, share access, and print from anywhere with a compatible HP printer.
You can use HP Smart to share access, manage remotely, and get a print from anywhere with a compatible printer. That is why creating an account or sign in is given preference.
Which languages are supported by the HP Smart app?
Which printers fit for the HP Smart app?
Almost all the wireless printers manufactured in the year 2010 and later are compatible with HP smart app.