Through this blog, learn various methods for HP Printer Wireless Setup for Officejet 5255, 5252, 5258, 5212, 5220, 5230, 5232, 5264 All-in-one printers.
Further, if you need a first-time setup. Then go through the guide for HP Officejet 5255, 5252, 5258, 5212, 5220, 5230, 5232 installations, and printer driver download. Avail 24/7 expert assistance to connect HP Officejet 5200 to Wi-Fi via the Live Chat option.
Wireless Setup For HP Officejet 5255, 5252, 5258, 5220, 5230 Series Printers
For successful implementation of wireless setup for HP Officejet 5255, 5252, 5258, 5220, and 5230 series printers, you need to connect your printer to a local Wi-Fi network.
Step-1 Connect HP Officejet 5255 to Wi-Fi Network
- Firstly, you need to connect your HP Officejet 5252, 5255, and 5258 printers to a local Wi-Fi network to print from a computer or mobile phone.
- Your printer must be in the range of your Wi-Fi router.
- Now turn ON your printer. Ensure the proper installation of the ink cartridges and paper loaded into the input tray.
[a] Make Connection For Printer With Touchscreen Control Panel
- First, you need to touch on the Wireless (Wi-Fi) icon from the control panel home screen.
- Next, you are supposed to click on the Setup icon.
- Continue by touch on Restore Network Defaults or Restore Network Settings and then tap on Yes to confirm your choice.
- Now your printer will restore the default network settings. Continue by touch the back button.
- Next, you need to touch on Wireless Settings and then touch on the Wireless Setup Wizard icon.
Note: If your printer does not have the Wireless Setup Wizard option listed, then you need to continue with the Wi-Fi Protected Setup (WPS) option. Next, select the PUSH button, then follow the steps to connect to the network.
- Your Officejet Printer 5255, 5252, 5258, will search for all the available Wi-Fi networks in its range.
- Touch on your Network Name from the list of available networks. Next, you need to enter the Wi-Fi password, which is WEP or WPA key, then touch on Done.
- Once the wireless connection setup establishes between Officejet series printer 5252, 5255, 5258, and Wi-Fi network. Now the blue wireless light on the control panel will turn to solid.
[b] Make Connection For Printer Without Touchscreen Control Panel
Connect HP Printer Via Wireless Wi-Fi Protected Setup
- Check your router for Wi-Fi Protected Setup (WPS) button, but do not press it now.
- Next, turn ON your printer and if it is on sleep mode, then press the cancel button from the control panel window.
- Now from the printer control panel, you need to press and hold the wireless button for at least 5 seconds or till the light starts blinking.
- Press and hold the Wi-Fi Protected Setup (WPS) button from the router for 3-5 seconds or till the WPS connection process started.
- The blue wireless light from the control panel will stop flashing and turns to solid when the connection between the HP printer and Wi-Fi Network establish successfully.
If your router does not support a WPS button, then follow the actions suggested below for Windows, Mac, and Mobile:
- Download and Install the HP Smart app.
- Turn ON the printer if you found it on sleep mode, then click on the cancel button from the control panel.
- Now make your printer ready for wireless connection setup.
Note: Make sure you complete the HP Officejet 5252, 5255, 5258, 5212, 5220, 5230 wireless setup process within 2 hours.
- Most HP Printers: Press and hold the Wireless and Cancel buttons till the Wireless and Power light blink.
- For HP Laser Printers: You are supposed to press and hold the Wireless button till the Attention light blinks. The Printer might restart.
- For HP Tango Printers: Press and hold the Wireless key from the rear end of the printer for 5 seconds till the Edge lighting blinks blue.
- Next, you need to open the HP Smart app on your system or mobile phone and then click on the plus sign to add your printer device.
- Continue with the prompt windows on your device to complete the setup process.
- When it requires the Wi-Fi Password, whether it is WPA or WEP, you need to enter it correctly.
- When the printer connects with the wireless network, then click on Exit Setup.
- To ensure the printer setup with a Wi-Fi network, you need to check the blue wireless light on the control panel, which must turn solid.
Step-2 Connect HP Officejet 5255 Wirelessly To Computer or Phone
- Firstly connect your Windows or Mac computer system and iOS or Android-based phone to the local Wi-Fi network.
- Make sure your Wi-Fi network providing strong internet signals for the wireless setup of HP Officejet 5255, 5252, 5258, 5212, 5220, 5230 series printers.
- Go to 123.hp.com. Continue by entering your printer model and number. (Officejet 5255, 5252, 5258)
- Next, you need to click on the download button to start downloading HP Smart app on your computer or mobile phone.
- Now install and open the HP Smart app. You are supposed to click on the plus sign to add your printer device with your computer.
- Lastly, you need to follow the prompt installations options which are suitable for the wireless setup of Officejet 5255, 5252, 5258, 5212, 5220, 5230 series printers.
If anyhow, you are unable to complete the wireless setup process for Officejet 5252, 5255, 5258, 5212, 5220, 5230 series printers. Then you don’t have to worry about it, whereas you need to connect with experts via Live Chat for 24/7 help and assistance to set up your printer.