When printing the documents and you keep facing the HP printer printing black pages. Such issues can be caused by mechanical or power source issues. If you examine your printer machine, you can easily resolve the printing all-black pages error. This guide will help you recover your print jobs.
Best ways to fix HP printer printing black pages
If you are shocked why is my HP printer printing black pages, the foremost thing to do is to reset the printer machine. This often resolves many errors that occur on your printer. Besides, you should check the functionality of your scanner bar and service your printer as needed.
Make sure you perform these methods carefully and use your printer after every method to verify if the error is resolved.
Fix 1: Reset the HP printer
You can fix many HP printer errors by resetting it. If your HP printer printing all black pages, then you should reset your printer machine to see if it resolves the error.
Read the following instructions to properly reset your HP printer:
- Remove the rechargeable battery if your printer uses one.
- Make sure the printer is on and then remove the power cord from your printer.
- Similarly, remove the power cord from the main power source.
- Wait for about 60 seconds.
- After this, connect the power cords back to the main source and printer as well. Although, HP recommends plugging the HP printer into the wall outlet directly.
After applying these steps, you can turn on your printer and complete the reset. Then, continue printing your documents. If your HP printer still printing black pages, move on to another method.
Fix 2: Check the performance of the scanner bar to fix HP printing black pages
If your scanner bar is not performing well, you might face problems when the printer printing all black pages. Therefore, you need to check the functionality of your flatbed scanner (if you are using this).
Following are the steps that you can follow to examine the scanner bar:
- The foremost step is to remove the original photos or documents from the glass of your scanner.
- Then, slightly lift up the scanner lid.
- Use the Copy icon or button.
- Keep looking at the scanner. The scanner bar must illuminate and it must travel across the length of the scanner glass.
When performing these actions, if you don’t notice any movement or response in your scanner light, you should contact HP support for service. Alternatively, you can use the HP Print and Scan Doctor tool, configure printer spooler service, or run the Windows troubleshooter to scan and repair issues on your printer.
To wind up
Sometimes some mechanical issues occur that can cause HP printer printing black pages f. Make sure you check your printer and perform the best possible solutions to solve this issue. If implementing the provided solutions does not help, you should service your HP printer.