When printing the documents, your HP Printer may throw all black pages. Such issues can be caused by mechanical or power source issues. If you examine your printer machine, you can easily resolve this error. This guide will help you to recover your print jobs.
Best Ways to Fix If HP Printer Printing Completely Black Pages
If your HP printer is printing pages that are all black, the foremost thing to do is to reset the printer machine. This often resolves many errors that occur on your printer. Besides, you should check the functionality of your scanner bar and service your printer as needed.
Make sure you perform these methods carefully and use your printer after every method to verify if the error is resolved.
You can fix many errors by resetting your HP printer. If your printer is printing copies that are completely black, you should reset your printer machine to see if it resolves the error.
Read the following instructions to properly reset your HP printer:
- Remove the rechargeable battery if your printer uses one.
- Make sure the printer is on and then remove the power cord from your printer.
- Similarly, remove the power cord from the main power source.
- Wait for about 60 seconds.
- After this, connect the power cords back to the main source and printer as well. Although, HP recommends plugging the HP printer into the wall outlet directly.
After applying these steps, you can turn on your printer and complete the reset. Then, continue printing your documents. If it is still printing black copies, move on to another method.
Fix 2: Check the Performance of the Scanner Bar to Fix HP Printing Black Pages
If your scanner bar is not performing well, you might face problems when printing copies. Therefore, you need to check the functionality of your flatbed scanner (if you are using this).
Following are the steps that you can follow to examine the scanner bar:
- The foremost step is to remove the original photos or documents from the glass of your scanner.
- Then, slightly lift up the scanner lid.
- Use the Copy icon or button.
- Keep looking at the scanner. The scanner bar must illuminate and it must travel across the length of the scanner glass.
When performing these actions, if you don’t notice any movement or response in your scanner light, you should contact HP support for service. Alternatively, you can use the HP Print and Scan Doctor tool, configure printer spooler service, or run the Windows troubleshooter scan and repair issues on your printer.
Receiving black pages from your HP printer can be caused by some mechanical issues. Make sure you check your printer and perform the best possible solutions to solve this issue. If implementing the provided solutions does not help, you should service your HP printer. Connect with the Chat support system and schedule the product repair.