Many users report that their printer is throwing blank pages when performing print jobs. If you are in the same boat, don’t worry. We will help to fix the HP printer printing blank pages issue using some easy methods.
5 Best ways to resolve HP printer printing blank pages
To fix the HP printer printing blank pages issue, you need to make sure that the antivirus programs are up to date (if using any). Besides, you can try printing directly to the printer, update printer firmware, uninstall printer software, and reinstall them.
Read the following methods with a series of steps:
Fix 1: Updating the antivirus program on the computer
Many users prefer to use antivirus software programs on their computers. Such programs are helpful in scanning and removing viruses, malware, or spyware from your system. However, these protection software apps might affect other programs.
If HP printer printing blank page, make sure you update all the antivirus programs on your computer. In case this does not help then move to another solution.
Fix 2: Printing directly to the printer
Printing the papers directly to your printer will make your job smooth. If your HP printer printing blank pages, change the Printer Spooler option in the Printer Properties. Here is how to do this:
- Search for the Devices and Printers using the Windows search bar.
- When you see the list of programs, click right on the HP printer name.
- Select the Printer properties option.
- If required, you can select your printer model name again.
- Then, switch to the Advanced tab.
- Click on the Print directly to the printer option.
- Hit the Apply button.
- Click the OK button.
When you apply these steps, no extra or blank page will print from your HP printer. If you are still having the same issue, move on to the next method.
Fix 3: Removing the printer software to solve HP printer printing blank pages
Incomplete installation of printer software or corrupted software might cause your printer to feed the blank page. If your HP printer printing blank pages after every print job, you can simply remove the printer software by uninstalling it.
- Before proceeding, disconnect your USB cable from the HP printer.
- Then, search for the Control Panel using the Windows search bar.
- After this, select the Programs and Features option.
- When you see the list of programs, select the HP printer name.
- Then, hit the Uninstall or Yes button.
Now, you can pursue the instructions displayed on your screen to finish the software removal. Thereafter, you can restart your computer and reinstall the printer software.
Fix 4: Reinstalling the printer software
If you have removed the printer software, reinstall the compatible version. To do so, you can go through the following instructions:
- Power on the printer.
- Then, remove the USB cable from your printer. The software installation may prompt you to connect the cable.
- After this, visit this page to download the printer software.
- Select the Printer option and choose your printer model number.
- Hit the Submit button.
- If you want to upgrade the operating system, select the Change button and choose your version. Then, click the Change button to proceed.
- Once done, go to the Driver heading and click the Download button to get the full software package. You may also click the Basic Drivers option for other driver options.
By performing these steps, the issue gets resolved. However, if your HP printer printing blank pages, you can use another troubleshooting method.
Fix 5: Upgrading the printer firmware to fix HP printer printing blank pages
Printer firmware plays a major role in operating printing jobs. However, corrupted or outdated firmware could be the reason for HP printing blank pages issues. By updating the HP printer firmware to the latest version, you can resolve the issue.
To sum up
HP printer printing blank page issue can be resolved if you update the printer firmware and reinstall the printer software on your computer. When you implement the aforementioned solutions, your printer will start working normally without printing any blank pages.