The Current Location screen has a special role when using the Magellan RoadMate GPS device. It displays important details regarding your intersections ahead and behind, your present location, and the convenient way to add the current location to the address book. If you want to access the Current Location screen, this guide will help you with proper instructions.
Access the current location screen on Magellan RoadMate
To access the Current Location screen, you can either go to the Main Menu or Map Screen. From the Main Menu, you can tap the Car icon. To check your current location from the Map screen, you can tap on the direction indicator.
What information does the Current Location screen display?
When the Current Location Screen displays, you will have information such as the next and previous cross street, approximate address details, and longitude/latitude. You will also see the calculated elevation, speed, and direction of travel. It also displays the current date and time at the bottom.
How to save your current location in the address book of Magellan RoadMate?
By adding your current location to the address book, you can easily access it later. If required, you can also mark the location as a favorite. Following are the instructions to save the current location to your address book:
- Open the Current Location Screen.
- Then, tap the Save button.
- Now, edit the information by tapping the Edit button.
- Select the Edit button on the Edit Name line. This will let you add a name for your location.
- To enter the phone number, select any of the three phone buttons:
- If you want to add some additional information, tap the Edit button on the Edit Information line. This will let you add up to 35 characters.
- You can also place a checkmark for the Favorite checkbox if you want to tag this location as a favorite.
- Tap the Save button.
In a nutshell
Using the Current Location in Magellan RoadMate is helpful and easy. By accessing the Current Location screen, you can overview the approximate address details, and calculate elevation, speed, and direction of travel. Besides, you can save the current location to your address book.
Read more on related articles
- How to use map screen on Magellan Roadmate gps device
- How to create a route with trip planner on Magellan Roadmate gps
- Best ways of traveling on a route with Magellan Roadmate gps
- How to create a route using the enter address in Magellan Roadmate
- How to create a home address in Magellan Roadmate gps