Please follow the troubleshooting tips listed below if your Mac-based computer or laptop does not list or add your HP printer.
Check your HP Printer for Network Connection
- Firstly, examine the wireless or settings menu from the printer control panel or print a network configuration page.
- Next, you need to ensure that your printer connected to the local Wi-Fi network correctly.
Check your Mac Computer or Laptop for Network Connection
- At first, click on the network icon on your Mac device.
- Next, ensure that your Mac device connected to your local Wi-Fi network accurately.
Check your Mac device for System Updates
- First, open the Apple menu and click on System Preferences.
- Now click on Software Update to make sure that your computer or laptop device can download the latest printer software.
Update your HP Printer Firmware
- Go to the official website then look for HP Software and Driver Downloads page on the menu bar.
- Now search and download firmware updates for your printer model and number.
Restart your Wi-Fi router, Mac Computer or Laptop, and HP Printer
- Unplug your Wi-Fi router from the wall mount.
- Turn off your HP printer device.
- Close all the running programs on your Mac computer or laptop and shut it down.
- Now connect the power cable of the Wi-Fi router to the wall socket.
- At the same time turn on your HP printer and Mac computer or laptop.
- Finally, ensure that your HP printer and Mac device successfully connected to the same local Wi-Fi network.
Reset the Printing Mechanism of your HP Printer
- Firstly you need to open the Apple menu then click on the System Preferences.
- Next, you need to click on Print & Scan or Printers & Scanners.
- Now you are supposed to press right-click or Ctrl+ click anywhere in the Printers list and then click on the Reset Printing System.
- Finally, restart your HP printer and then click on the plus sign to re-add your printer to the Mac computer.