Sometimes hp print and scan doctor automated tools are unable to locate your hp printer. Then read and follow the technical troubleshooting tips to connect your printer to the wifi network.
Guide-1 Wireless HP printers network connection
Read and follow the best tactics to troubleshoot and fix wireless connectivity issues.
- Restart your HP printer and computer/ laptop device- The first and foremost option is to restart your hp printer and computer/ laptop to resolve connectivity problems.
- Ensure the printer connectivity and Network name- On the printer control panel, check and ensure that the blue light next to the Wireless icon is ON and steady. Open the wireless network settings on the printer control panel to ensure that your printer and computer are connected to the same network.
- Place your printer and router nearer- Place your printer and computer/laptop to the wireless router (within the range of 6ft). If the distance between the printer and router is more than usual, then the wireless signals will be weaker.
- Connect HP printer to wifi network manually- For most of the wireless printers, click on the wireless setup wizard from the printer control panel. Next, you need to follow the onscreen instructions to connect your hp printer to the wifi network.
Guide-2 Wired (Ethernet) connection for HP printers
Try the tips listed below to fix connectivity issues for HP wired printers.
- Restart your HP printer and computer/ laptop device- At first, restart your hp printer and computer/ laptop to fix connectivity troubles.
- Ensure the printer connectivity and Network name- On the printer control panel, ensure that the blue light next to the Wireless icon is ON and steady. Open the wireless network settings on the printer control panel to ensure that your printer and computer are connected to the same network.
- Examine the cable connections- Make sure that the ethernet cable is connected to the backside of the printer, not the phone cable.
- Reconnect the cable- Firstly, disconnect the cable and then reconnect it to the rear of the printer. Next, plugin another end of the cable to the wifi router.
- Use a different cable- If your current cable not working accurately then you need to use a different ethernet cable.
Guide-3 USB connection for HP printers
- Restart your HP printer and computer/ laptop device- Firstly, restart your hp printer and computer/ laptop to fix connectivity problems.
- Make reconnection of cables- Disconnect the USB cable from the printer and computer cable. Now reconnect the USB cable to the printer and computer cable.
- Make the connection to a different USB port- If connectivity fails, then connect the USB cable to the different ports on the computer.
- Disconnect cables from a USB hub or docking station- If someone is utilizing a USB hub or docking station. Then it is suggested to directly connect the USB cable to the computer.
- Use a different USB cable- As HP supports USB cable less than 3m in length. So, if you are not using the standard USB cable, then use a different one.
Note:- Some miscellaneous router or network settings to fix connectivity problems
- Restart your Wi-Fi router- If you are facing a slow or bad internet connection, then restart your router device. If the problem persists, then you need to contact your internet service provider.
- Examine the router band setting- Mostly, routers operate on both 2.4 GHz and 5.0 GHz frequency bands but not all HP printers support both bands. Connect your printer to the 2.4GHz band.
- Examine firewall software- Sometimes, firewalls prevent the printer from accessing the computer. You need to accept and allow all firewall messages that display during driver downloading and installation.
- Set IP address of your printer- You can choose a valid IP address by using the printer control panel. So that, the printer avoids using the automatic IP address assigned by DHCP.