When you set up your HP printer, it may display a window that prompts you to enter the WPS PIN for your printer. However, WPS PIN is not required for connecting your printer to the wireless network. You can continue with the setup by using these steps:
- First of all, click on the Cancel button to close the window.
- Then, make sure you place your printer near your WiFi router (if setting up your printer for the wireless connection).
- After that, start downloading the HP Smart app for your Android or iPhone. If using Windows then download HP Smart- Microsoft Store whereas for the Mac, you can use HP Smart – Mac App Store.
- In case the printer setup does not start automatically, you can click on the Add Printer option or (+) sign.
- Now, continue following the on-screen instructions to enter the WPS pin to connect your printer to the network and add the printer to the app.
Read more: Connect HP smart printer to wifi