When you are unable to locate your printer or the connection fails, it indicates there is some trouble with the network connection. To resolve such a network connectivity issue, you can use the following troubleshooting methods:
- Restart your computer and the printer: By restarting your HP printer and Windows computer, you can clear error conditions.
- Check your network connection: Make sure your printer is successfully connected to a wired network. To verify this, you can check the cable and the lights on the Ethernet port of your printer. Remember the green light should be steady while the orange light should be blinking when you connect the cable.
- Examine your cable: Check if you are using the relevant cable. Since Ethernet and telephone cable look similar, you need to ensure that you are using Ethernet cable to the rear of your printer.
- Reconnect your cable: Remove the Ethernet cable and then connect it again to the rear of your printer. You may also try connecting the cable to another port of your router.
- Try using another cable: If your printer fails to connect to the network, you can use a different Ethernet cable to the port. This will establish a connection.