- The first guide is for the printer with a touchscreen control panel via wireless setup wizard.
- The second is for printers without a touchscreen control panel via a WPS button.
- Lastly, you can add HP all-in-one series printers to wifi with the help of the HP Smart app. HP Smart is available for both Windows 10 or Mac-based devices.
- If you need assistance at any point, speak with an HP expert through live chat.
- Moreover, you can request a callback from the HP printer expert team to avail of the technical assistance.
[Guide-1] Connect HP Printer to WiFi Via Wireless Setup Wizard for Touchscreen Control Panel
Note: Follow the steps below if you are changing an old wifi router device to the new one or switch to another ISP or WiFi Network unavailable.
- Firstly ensure that your hp printer is within the range of the WiFi network or hotspot.
- Now tap on the Wireless icon from the printer control panel. Next, tap on the setup option.
- Now proceed by tapping on Restore Network Defaults or Restore Network Settings.
- Next, you need to confirm it by a tap on Yes.
- Your HP printer now recovers its default network settings. Next, you are supposed to tap on the back button.
- Now you need to touch on the Wireless icon or Settings icon or Network Setup menu. Then proceed by tapping on the Wireless Setup Wizard option.
- Your printer now searches and lists all the available networks from its range.
- To build the connection you are supposed to touch on your local wifi network name and then type the WiFi password.
- If your printer cannot locate your WiFi network, then you need to tap on Enter New Network Name and type tour wireless network name.
Note: Make sure you type the exact network name which means any upper-case or lower-case characters.
- When your HP printer connects to the wireless network then the blue wireless light on the printer control panel will become solid.
Download HP print and scan doctor- an automated tool to fix setup issues
- First, download the HP print and scan doctor tool.
- Next, you are supposed to run the “dot exe” file from the downloads folder.
- Once the installation is completed a shortcut will be created on your desktop or laptop.
- Now from the desktop window open the HP print and scan doctor tool and then click on start.
- You will be shown a list of printers and scanners from which you have to choose yours.
- If any wifi connectivity issue is found then the tool will suggest you to perform some automated steps.
- You will be shown two options fix printing and fix scanning. You have to continue by clicking on fix printing.
- If the problem persists then follow the next solution.
Note: Reset Network Default settings for Exceptional Printers
- For HP printers not having a control panel menu- press and hold the wireless and cancel buttons until the wireless and power light blinks.
- On HP Envy 6000, Pro 6400, DeskJet Plus IA 6000, and 6400 All-in-One series printers- press and hold the wireless button from the rear side of the printer for 5 seconds until the edge light starts flashing purple. You might do several tries to start flashing the light.
- For HP tango Printers- From the rear end of the printer press and hold the wireless button for 5 seconds until the light on the front end flashes blue.
- On HP Laser Printers [Not Laserjet]- Press and hold the wireless button until the attention light starts blinking. Your printer might restart.
[Guide-2] Connect HP Printer to WiFi Via WPS (WiFi Protected Setup) Button for Printer Without Touchscreen Control Panel
- At first, examine your router device for WPS (WiFi Protected Setup) button but don’t press it now.
- Ensure that printer is near or within the range of the router.
- Now turn ON your HP printer.
- Next, you are supposed to press and hold the wireless button for five seconds or until the wireless light starts blinking.
- Now within 2 minutes, you need to press and hold the WPS button on your WiFi router for 3-5 seconds or until the connection process begins.
- When the connection between printer and wifi is set up successfully. Then the blue wireless light on the control panel menu will stop blinking.
Note: If your router device does not support the WPS button then continue with the next guide.
[Guide-3] 123 HP Printer Wireless Setup For Windows 10 and Mac By HP Smart App
- First, you need to connect your Mac or Windows 10-based computer or laptop and Android, iOS, iPadOS-based smartphone, or tablet to your local wifi network.
- Next, you are supposed to download and install the HP Smart App for Windows 10, Mac, or Smartphone devices from 123hpcom or the app store.
- Ensure the strong strength of network signals for windows 10 or mac 123 hp printer wireless setup.
- Locate the printer near the Wi-Fi router while you are setting up a wireless connection.
- Turn ON your HP Printer.
- Now you need to open HP Smart App on your Windows or Mac-based laptop or computer. Then click on the plus sign (+) to add your printer device to the new wifi.
- Next, you need to click on the HP Setup option on the HP Smart App window.
- Now it will request you to enter your WiFi password i.e WEP or WPA key. Ensure that both printer and laptop/computer/phone are connected with the same wifi network.
- Now the HP smart app begins the connection process between your printer and wireless network.
- Next, you recommended succeeding with the on-screen questions or instructions to complete the 123hpcom wireless setup.
- Finally, click on the exit button when your HP printer adds to WiFi.
Troubleshooting Tips For HP All-in-One Series Printer
- Troubleshoot HP printer offline
- HP printer status attention required
- How to cancel print job on HP printer
- HP printer says out of paper but there is paper
- HP officeJet pro 6830 problem with printhead
- Fix HP printer error code 0xc19a0003
- HP printer alignment unsuccessful
- HP incompatible print cartridge error fix
- 50.2 fuser error HP laserjet pro 400
- HP printer paper jam error but no paper jam
- HP officejet pro 8610 printer failure
- My hp printer is not printing black