Here we are going to explain Printer Installation- the First-time setup for newly bought HP Officejet Pro 9010, 9010e, 9012, 9013, 9014, 9014e, 9015, 9015e, 9016, 9018, 9018e, 9019, 9020, 9020e, 9022, 9023, 9025, 9025e, 9026, 9028 all-in-one series printers.
After installation, you have to download the HP Software Driver as per your system specifications. There are different driver files for Windows, Mac, or Mobile platforms. Lastly, you need to connect your printer with wifi, computer, laptop, or mobile device. So, follow the link for HP Officejet Pro 9010, 9015, 9018, 9020, 9025 wireless setup instructions.
Installation Instructions- HP Officejet Pro 9010, 9010e, 9012, 9013, 9015, 9015e, 9018, 9018e, 9019, 9020, 9020e, 9022, 9025, 9025e All-in-one Series First Time Printer Setup
Step-1 Unpack HP Printer From The Box
- At first, unpack your HP printer from the box.
- Next, remove the plastic film from the control panel of the printer.
- Now raise its scanner lid to remove the packaging material from the scanner glass and then close the scanner lid.
- Lastly, recycle the packaging extracts.
Step-2 Make Printer Power Connections and Set Preferences
Note: Please do not connect the USB cable in this step. Because the connection between the printer and laptop/computer will be established later in software installation.
- Firstly connect the power cable to the rear side of the printer. Then plug the other end to the power cord into the electric socket.
- Next, If your printer does not turn on automatically then press the Power button.
- Now to set your preferences from the control panel, touch on preferred language and then tap on confirm.
- Then It will ask you to select your country/region. Tap on your selection and confirm it to save.
Step-3 Installation of Ink Cartridges
- First, open the front door of the printer, then raise the ink cartridge access door.
- Next, move the carriage to the center of the printer. You are supposed to wait until the carriage stops moving before you continue.
- Now remove the ink cartridges from their packing and then remove the film from it. You need to be careful while carrying the ink cartridge.
Note: You are advised to only touch the black plastic on the ink cartridge. Don’t touch the copper contacts because it may lead to clogs, ink failure, and bad electrical connections.
- Place the ink cartridges in their slot and then press them downwards for their accurate placement.
- Now close the printer front door and then the ink cartridge access door.
- Lastly on the printer control panel tap on OK.
Step-4 Paper Stack Loading In Input Tray
- First, extract the input tray and then remove the packaging materials.
- Next, you are supposed to load the Stack of A4 size plain paper. Ensure the short edge to the forward and print side to the down.
- Now slide the paper width until it reaches the edges of the paper stack.
- You are supposed to insert the input tray inside.
- Now on the printer control panel touch on OK.
- If you found a prompt message to align the printhead then press OK to continue the alignment process.
- If you do not found a prompt message to align the printhead. Then tap on the setup menu from the control panel then select align the printhead.
- Now an alignment page will print by the printer.
- Next, you need to open the scanner lid and place the alignment page on it on the scanner glass. Ensure that the paper is placed as per the guides provided on the corner of the glass.
- Now shut the scanner lid and then tap on Scan.
- Finally, the printer will scan the alignment page, and then an Alignment successful message will be shown on the control panel.