This article will help you in first-time printer setup (installation) for HP Officejet Pro 8600 series printers. This document is applicable for the HP Officejet Pro 8600 plus, premium, 8610, 8615, 8616, 8620, 8625, 8630, 8640, 8660 series e-all-in-one printers.
The installation guide includes- an unboxing of the printer, removal of all packaging material from the box, cable connections, setting of control panel preferences, paper loading in the input tray, ink cartridges installation.
After installation, you need to download the printer driver software according to your system specifications. Lastly, you are supposed to connect your HP OJ Pro 8600 series printer to wifi to print wirelessly.
Installation Instructions for HP Officejet Pro 8600, 8610, 8615, 8616, 8620, 8625, 8630, 8640, 8660 e-all-in-one Series First Time Printer Setup
 Unboxing of the printer device
- Firstly you need to remove the printer and all accessories from the box.
- Now you are supposed to remove all the tapes and packaging materials from outside the printer.
- Next, you have to remove the sticker from the control panel display.
- Now open the slot from the left side of the printer to open the ink cartridge access door.
- Next, remove all the tapes and packaging material from inside the printer.
- Now close the ink cartridge access door.
- Lastly, you expected to recycle all the packaging material.
 Installation of duplexer- two-sided printing accessory
- First, find the duplexer in the box.
- Now remove the duplexer from the packaging and remove any tape from it.
- Next, turn the printer to its rear side.
- Now place the roller of the duplexer towards the printer and insert it into its slot. You need to push the duplexer until it acquires its position in the printer.
- Now turn the printer to its position.
 Installation of tray -2 (optional)
- First, remove the tray from the box and remove any tape or packaging material from the tray.
- Now you need to place the tray on the plane surface where you are using your printer.
- Next, lift your printer, position it over the top of the tray and then place the printer on the tray.
- Ensure that the printer is positioned correctly from the left, right, and back sides.
 Make power connection and set preferences
Note:- No need to connect the USB cable now. If you are planning to connect your printer and computer. Then the installer will alert you to make a connection at the time of software installation.
- Firstly connect the power cord to the rear end of the printer. Further, connect the other end to the power cable to the electric wall outlet.
- Now turn ON your printer device.
- Next, select your preferred language from the printer control panel, and then touch on Continue to confirm your selection.
- Now, you need to swipe up or down your fingers to select your specific country/region and then touch Continue to confirm your choice.
- Next, touch on the Date and Time and set the appropriate time as per your time zone.
- Finally, touch on Done.
 Load paper stack to tray 1
- First, hold the underside of tray-1 and pull it outside.
- Now tweak the paper width guide tabs and slide them to their extreme outer positions.
- Next, you need to place the paper stack inside the tray. Ensure that the printed side of the paper is down and the short edge is forward.
Note:- Make sure that there are not many papers inside the tray. For the loading guide, find the yellow dotted lines on the sides of the tray.
- Now slide the paper width guides inward. So, it reaches the end of the paper edges.
- Now push the paper tray inside the printer until it snaps its place.
- Lastly, pull out the paper tray extender. Then lift the paper catch.
 Installation or setup of ink cartridges
Note:- You need to install newly bought ink cartridges during the first-time printer setup or if an ink cartridge error occurs.
- Firstly open the ink cartridge access door.
- Now, wait until the printer is idle or silent before you continue.
- Now extract all the ink cartridges from their packaging.
- You need to hold the ink cartridges by their sides with nozzles towards the printer.
- Next, you are supposed to insert the cartridge into its slot and push it inside until it snaps to its place.
- Repeat the same steps to install all the other new cartridges.
- Finally, close the ink cartridge access door.
Note:- Now, you need to wait for the printer to align the cartridges. Once the alignment process completes, then your printer will print an alignment page.
Download and install printer software driver for HP OJ Pro 8600 series printers
So, after the successful installation or setup of your HP Officejet Pro 8600 plus, premium, 8610, 8615, 8616, 8620, 8625, 8630, 8640, 8660 series e-all-in-one printers. Now you need to download and install the printer driver and software from the link below.