Here you will learn how to do a first-time setup (Installation) for HP Officejet Pro 8020-8030 series printers. This article is applicable for the following HP Officejet Pro 8020, 8025e, 8028e, 8030, 8030e all-in-one series printers.
Installation instructions for HP Officejet Pro 8020, 8025e, 8028e, 8030, 8030e all-in-one series first time printer setup
Unbox your printer and remove packaging materials
- Firstly, open the printer box. Then remove the manual guide and instant ink cartridges.
- Now pull out the printer device from the packing box.
- Next, place the power cord aside and remove the foam from both sides of the printer.
- Now remove the printer from the plastic bag.
- Next, remove all the taps from the printer front and the control panel window.
- Now Lift the scanner lid to remove the foam-based sheet and then close the scanner lid.
Make cable connections and set preferences
- Firstly, connect one end of the power cable to the rear of the printer and another end to the wall socket.
- Now your printer will start (turn ON) automatically.
- Next, select your preferred language from the printer control panel and then touch on confirm.
- Next, you need to select your country and then touch the confirmation.
Installation of ink cartridges
- First, open the front door of your printer and lift the cartridge access door.
- When the carriage is idle or silent, then remove the plastic insert.
- Now unwrap the cartridges bundle.
- On the black cartridge, pull the tab from the plastic to expose the vent slot on the cartridge.
- Now hold the cartridge by its sides and then twist the cap to remove it, significant force might be required.
- Please avoid touching the ink port and metal contacts to prevent clogs, ink failure, and bad electrical connections.
- Now match the letter and color of the cartridge to the corresponding slot in the carriage.
- Next, hold the cartridge by its sides and slide it into the slot.
- Push down the cartridge until it clicks on its place.
- Repeat the above steps to install the remaining cartridges.
- Now close the cartridge access door and the front door.
- Finally, on the printer control panel, touch OK to continue.
Load paper stack in the input tray
- First, you need to slide out the main paper tray. Then remove the cardboard restraint and tape.
- Now move the paper guides to their utmost place.
- Next, load the stack of plain A4 size paper. Make sure you push the paper stack into the tray until it stops.
- Now adjust the paper guides so that they touch the paper stack.
- Next, slide in the paper tray and then touch OK if there is a message on the control panel screen.
Print and scan an alignment page
- Slide-out the output tray.
- Now an alignment page will print automatically.
- Make sure you scan the alignment page before start printing documents.
- So open the scanner lid and place the page print-side down on the scanner glass. Please use the scan guide for proper placement.
- Now close the scanner lid and then touch on Scan.
- When alignment successful message appears on the screen, then touch OK to complete the hardware setup or installation process.
Download and install printer driver and software for HP Officejet Pro 8020-8030 series
Finally, your hp printer hardware setup is completed. Next, you need to download and install the HP printer driver software. Here you can find the link to download and install the printer driver and software. Make sure you could not connect your printer to the computer until instructed after the driver installation.