Here in this blog, firstly, we are going to demonstrate Installation – First Time Printer Setup for a newly bought printer HP Officejet Pro 6968 series. Secondly, we have provided the HP Software and Driver Download link for different specifications. Lastly, follow the link HP Printer Wireless Setup for Officejet 6950, 6951, 6954, 6956, 6958, 6962, and OfficeJet Pro 6960, 6968, 6970, 6974, 6975 All-in-One printers.
HP 6900 Series- Officejet 6950, 6951, 6954, 6956, 6958, 6962 Officejet Pro 6960, 6968, 6970, 6974, 6975 First Time Printer Setup
Step-1 Unbox Your HP Printer
- Firstly, remove the printer from the packing box.
- Detach all the tape and packing material from outside of the printer. Also, remove the sticker from the control panel of the device.
- Open the scanner lid and take out the packing paper and then close the lid.
- First, lift the output tray, second pull out the input tray towards you, then remove the packaging material. Place the trays to their desired positions.
- Recycle the packaging materials.
Step-2 Connect Printer To Power Source And Set Basic Preferences
Note: You should not connect the USB at this moment. Because the wireless setup connection between the computer and printer will establish at the time of software installation.
- Firstly, connect the one end of the power cord to the rear end of the printer while another end to the power source of electricity.
- Next, turn ON your HP printer.
- Moreover, you need to set preferences on the printer control panel, tap on your preferred language and country region and then tap on Yes to confirm.
- If required, then select the date and time and touch Yes to confirm your selection.
Step-3 Implement Ink Cartridge Installations
Installation and setup of the ink cartridges that came in the box with your HP Officejet Pro 6968, 6960, 6970, 6950 printers.
- First open the ink cartridge access door until it locks.
- Before you proceed, make sure the carriage is idle and silent.
- Now remove the packing material from the carriage.
- Further, you need to remove an ink cartridge from its packing and then pull the orange pull-tab straight back.
Note: Before you remove the orange cap in the next step, ensure that you remove the orange pull-tab and plastic wrap completely. If not, then the ink might leak from the cartridge. While you remove the plastic wrap, then the paper label from the ink cartridges slightly tear from it. It requires proper venting of the cartridge.
- Keep the ink cartridge from its sides, then turn the shielding orange cap counter-clockwise to snap it off the ink cartridge.
Note: Don’t touch the copper color contacts or the ink nozzles because it may lead to clogs, ink failure, and bad electrical connections.
- Next, turn the cartridge so that it contacts face downward. Now match the color label of it to the color dot on the carriage.
- Place and slide the ink cartridge to its slot, press it downwards for its accurate placement.
- Follow the same steps to install all the cartridges.
- Finally, close the cartridge access door.
Step-4 Place Set Of Paper Into The Input Tray
- Firstly, pull up the output tray and then pull out the input tray towards you to open it.
- Move the paper width to its outermost position.
- Place a set of paper inside the input tray.
- Move the paper set inside the tray until it stops.
- Now move the paper width inside till it reaches the paper edges.
- Finally, place the input tray inside to its position and then lower down the output tray.
Step-5 Examine The Printer Alignment
- After paper placement, the printer control panel will ask you to align the printer. So, you have to pull out the tray extender and press OK to print an alignment page.
- You must wait till the alignment page fully out from the printer.
- Raise the scanner lid.
- Now place the alignment page to print side down on the scanner glass. Position it as per the recommendations.
- Finally, you have to close the scanner lid and touch on the Scan.
The Printer now aligns the printer.