In this document, we discuss how to fix install, and setup issues of an HP printer on Windows 10. Whether you have upgraded to Windows 10 or just bought a new system of Windows O.S you need to set up the printer again. There are three guides listed below:-
- Printer setup guide for wireless printers
- Wired printer setup guide
- USB printer setup
Printer setup guide for wireless printers
- Firstly, turn ON your printer.
- Next, tap on the Setup menu from the control panel window.
- Now you need to scroll down the setup list and tap on the Network Setup button.
- At the top of the network setup, there is a Wireless Menu option. Continue by touching on it.
- Next, you need to tap on the wireless setup wizard.
- Now you have to choose your local wireless network from the list of network names.
- When it is connected to the network, there will be a prompt message- connection established.
- Next, you need to connect your printer to the computer.
- Now search for printers on your computer from the bottom left corner of the search panel.
- Devices and printers will appear in the list. Continue by clicking on it.
- Next, you need to click on the Add a printer from the menu bar.
- Now it will show you the list of available printers on the network. You have to choose your wireless printer from the list.
- After that, there will be a prompt window that will ask you to Enter WPS PIN for your printer.
Note:- The WPS pin for your printer used for security purposes so that your neighbors don’t use your printer for printing documents.
- You just have to click on the back button on your printer control panel from you left off. It will provide you with the WPS pin to connect your printer to the computer.
- Finally, enter the PIN on your computer window to complete the setup.
Note:- Follow- download and run the HP Smart app for windows 10 to solve setup issues on wireless printers easily.
Fix wired printers setup issues
You are supposed to connect your printer to the network router with the help of an ethernet cable. Also, connect your computer with the same router. Next, you need to download and install the compatible drivers for your printer. Follow the complete guide for Wired Network printer setup for the Windows platform.
USB printer setup guide for Windows
Set up your HP printer for a USB cable connection on a Windows computer. We recommend users- download and install the full feature HP driver to avail of the most supported features for USB-connected printers. Follow the complete guide for USB printer setup for the Windows platform.