This article is about HP Officejet Pro 6968, 6960, 6970, 6950, 6958, 6962 Printers Wireless Setup. In addition, follow the link for the installation guide and software driver download for HP Officejet 6968, 6960, 6970, 6950, 6958, 6962 series printers.
Wireless Setup For HP Officejet Pro 6968, 6960, 6970 and Officejet 6950, 6958, 6962 Series Printers
Step-1 Connect HP Printer To Local Wi-Fi Network
- Firstly, connect your HP Printer to the local Wi-Fi network to wirelessly print from a computer, laptop, or mobile phone.
- Place HP Officejet 6950, 6958, 6962, or Officejet Pro 6968, 6960, 6970 series printer near the range of the Wi-Fi.
- Turn on the printer and ensure that the ink cartridge is installed and the paper is loaded into the input tray.
[a] Make Connection For Printer With Touchscreen Control Panel
- Firstly you need to tap on the Wireless (Wi-Fi) icon from the home screen of the printer control panel.
- Next, you need to touch the Setup icon.
- Now touch Restore Network Defaults or Restore Network Settings and then tap on Yes to validate your preference.
- So, your printer will restore the default network settings, now press the back button.
- Continue by touching on Wireless Settings and then touch on the Wireless Setup Wizard icon.
Note: If the Wireless Setup Wizard option is not listed. Then select Wi-Fi Protected Setup or WPS, next select the PUSH button. Then follow the steps to connect to the network.
- Now your printer will search for all the available Wi-Fi networks in its range.
- From the list of Wi-Fi networks, click on your Network Name. Next, you are supposed to enter the WEP or WPA key that is your Wi-Fi password and touch Done.
- When the connection between the Officejet Pro 6968, 6960, 6970 Series Printer and Wi-Fi Network is established. Then the blue wireless light on the printer control panel will turn solid.
Note: If your printer is unable to connect to Wi-Fi Network. Then you need to print the Wireless Network Test Report. From the report, follow the recommended guidelines to fix the connectivity issues.
[b] Make Connection For Printer Without Touchscreen Control Panel
Connect Your HP Printer With Wireless Wi-Fi Protected Setup
- Examine that your router has Wi-Fi Protected Setup (WPS) button, but do not press it now.
Note: If your router does not have a WPS button. Then skip to the next solution to make a connection with the help of the HP Smart app.
- So now turn on your printer. If it is on sleep mode, then press the Cancel button from the control panel.
- Next, from the printer control panel, press and hold the Wireless button for at least 5 seconds or until the light starts flashing.
- Now within two minutes, press and hold the Wi-Fi Protected Setup (WPS) button for 3 to 5 seconds or until the WPS connection process started.
- When the connection between printer and Wi-Fi setup, then the blue wireless light on the control panel will stop flashing and turn to solid.
If your router does not have a WPS button, then follow the steps recommended below for Windows, Mac, and Mobile:
- First, download and install the HP Smart app from your Windows, Mac, or Smartphone device.
- Turn on your printer. If it is on sleep mode, then press the cancel button from the control panel.
- Now, prepare your printer to establish the Wireless Connection.
Note: Make sure you complete the HP Wireless Setup for Officejet Pro 6968, 6960, 6970, and Officejet 6950, 6958, and 6962 series printers within two hours.
- In Most HP Printers: You need to press and hold the Wireless and Cancel buttons until the Wireless and Power light blinks.
- For HP Laser Printers: Press and hold the Wireless button until the Attention light blinks. The device might restart.
- For HP Tango Printers: Press and hold the Wireless button from the backside of the printer for 5 seconds until the Edge lighting flashes blue.
- Now open the HP Smart app on your computer, and tap on the Plus Sign to add your device.
- Follow the steps as per the process requirements to add your printer.
- Enter the Wi-Fi Network password, whether it is WEP or WPA.
- When the connection with the network establishes, then click on Exit SetUp.
- Once the printer connects to Wireless Network. Then you can check if the blue wireless light on the control panel turns solid.
Step-2 Connect HP Printer Wirelessly To Windows 10, Mac, or Mobile
- Firstly, Connect your Windows or Mac-based computer and iOS or Android-based phone to your local Wi-Fi network.
- Ensure the strong signal of the Wireless network for the wireless setup of the HP Officejet 6950, 6958, 6962, and Officejet pro 6968, 6960, and 6970 printers.
- Visit 123.hp.com. Enter your printer model name and number (Officejet 6950, 6958, 6962, and Officejet Pro 6968, 6960, 6970).
- Now click on the Download button for downloading the HP Smart app on your computer or mobile phone.
- Next, install and open the HP Smart App Software. You need to click on the plus sign that will be available when the first time you launch the app.
- Finally, follow the appropriate installations as per the guidance to complete the setup for wireless connection.
If a PIN requires during the wireless setup of HP Officejet 6950, 6950, 6962, and Officejet Pro 6968, 6960, 6970. Then enter the pin, which you can find adhered to the printer. If a password is also required, then enter the same PIN as a password.
Note: You don’t need to download the drivers and Software for Chromebook Computers. Go to Chrome OS settings, then click on Advanced. Then click on Printers and finally click on Add Printer to build a wireless connection.
Unable to complete the wireless setup for HP Officejet Pro 6968, 6960, 6970, and Officejet 6950, 6958, and 6962. Then connect with the team of experts via the live chat option. You need to fill out some basic details and send them to us.