To successfully connect your printer or other wireless devices to the WiFi network, it is required to enter the PIN or wireless network password. However, the procedure of finding the wifi network password may vary depending on the device you have.
Therefore, in this blog, we will cover different methods to find the wireless network password or PIN to connect to the HP printer. First, you will have to get the WPS PIN to finish the printer setup. Thereafter, you can find the wireless network password on the Router, Windows, Mac, Android, and iPhone/iPad devices.
WPS PIN is required to complete your printer setup. Keep in mind that you need to enter the PIN within 90 seconds otherwise, it will be expired. Find out how you can find the WPS PIN for your printer.
- When you see the WPS PIN screen on your PC, search for the PIN on the Information Sheet (that was printed during the printer setup) or Control Panel of your printer.
- Then, enter your PIN in the requested area.
- Click the Next button to complete the action.
There can be instances when the PIN doesn’t work. In this case, you can implement any of the following solutions:
- Create a new PIN: For this, you need to restart your system and go through the setup process.
- Use another method or driver: You can access the Apple AirPrint (macOS X and macOS) or visit the HP Software & Driver Downloads. This will view more driver options for you.
- Get the HP Smart app: To install the app, you can do the following:
- Visit 123.hp.com for iOS, iPad, and Android.
- Access HP Smart (Microsoft Store) for Windows.
- Visit HP Smart (Mac App Store) for macOS.
These platforms will help you to download the app. After installing the app on your device, you can pursue the on-screen instructions to successfully connect the HP printer.
When you receive your router, you are provided a wireless network password on the router by your Internet Service Provider (ISP). If you require this wireless network password, you can simply check it on the router. In case you have no idea where to find it, the following steps will assist you:
- Check the product label on the router. It is usually on the side or the bottom.
- Then, you will see the password next to the SSID or Wireless Network Name. The password could be labeled as Network Key/Password, Wireless Security Password/Key, or WFi Password.
If you are unable to spot the password or the password is not working then you can go through the paperwork that you received along with the router. Otherwise, you can directly connect to the ISP for additional assistance.
The process of finding a wireless network password on a Mac system is easy. By accessing the Keychain Access utility, you can view your password.
Let us help you with the manual procedure:
- Access Finder icon on Mac PC/laptop.
- Then, open the Go menu.
- Click on the Utilities option.
- Select the Keychain Access.
- Now, select System from the System Keychains.
- When you see the WiFi network name, click twice on it. It will bring the Attributes screen.
- Click the box located next to the Show Password option.
- When you see that Keychain Access wants to use the “Local Items” keychain screen, type the Apple ID password.
When you are done performing these steps, you will see the Show Password field. Click on the field to view your password. This way you can find out the wireless network on the Mac system.
Finding the wireless network password on a Windows computer is quite simple. All you are required to do is navigate through the WiFi settings and view the password.
For detailed steps, you can go through the following steps:
- Click on the Windows search bar and type in WiFi Settings.
- Then, select the Change Adapter Options from the Related Settings.
- Now, click right on the wireless network name and select Status.
- After this, select Wireless Properties from the Connection field.
- Switch to the Security tab.
- Click on the Show Characters box to view the password.
By following these instructions properly, you can check the password for your wireless network on the Windows system.
To get the wireless network password, you can use an iCloud Keychain Sync option on your iPhone or iPad device. However, the process of doing so is a little tricky. You will also require a Mac laptop to successfully complete these steps:
- Go to the iCloud settings on your iPhone or iPad.
- Then, open the Keychain menu.
- Select iCloud Keychain to enable it.
- Launch the Settings menu.
- Select Cellular.
- Open the Personal Hotspot menu.
- Now, tap Allow others to join or Personal Hotspot to enable it.
- Then, tap Back from the top left.
- Select WiFi Password.
- At this point, you can note down your hotspot password. If required, you can change the password so you can remember it easily.
- Once done, launch your Mac PC or laptop and access the WiFi network option.
- Click on the Finder icon on your Mac device.
- Then, open the Go menu.
- Click on the Utilities option.
- Click twice on the Keychain Access.
- When you see the WiFi network name, click twice on it.
- Click on the Show Password option.
- Type the Apple ID password if required.
- Press the OK button.
These instructions will help you to view the wireless network password on iOS or iPad through Mac. In case you don’t have a Mac system, you can connect with your Internet Service Provider (ISP) for help.
Android device users can view the wireless network password by using the Share WiFi option. To view the password, you can go through the saved network options from the WiFi menu. After selecting your network, you can tap on the Share button and type your password.
Here are the detailed steps:
- On your Android phone, access the WiFi option.
- Then, select the Saved Networks option.
- Now, choose your network from the available options.
- After this, select Share.
- Type the PIN or password.
- At this point, you will see the Wi-Fi password right below the QR code.
This way you can find the wireless network password on Android mobile phones. It must be noted that these steps can be used on Android 10 or later versions.
A PIN or Wireless Network Password plays a vital role in connecting the printer to the WiFi network. To find it, you can either check the router or go through the WiFi settings of your device; Windows, Mac, Android, and iPhone/iPad. Once you enter your password, you can continue using the HP printer via a WiFi network.
Read more: restore wifi setup mode on HP printers