An IP address is a network address that is used by your HP printer to connect to the network. If you set up a new network, you might need to use the IP address during the process. Many users find it difficult to locate IP addresses but it is easy to find. To know how to find the IP address for an HP printer, read this carefully.
HP printer makes it easy for you to find the IP address. To locate the IP address, you can use the HP Smart (mobile or desktop) app and HP printer with a touchscreen or without a touchscreen display.
Before proceeding further, you need to connect your HP printer to the local network through an Ethernet cable to your router or WiFi. Then, you can continue locating the IP address.
In the following details, you will get detailed instructions for finding the IP address for your HP printer:
HP Smart Desktop App (Windows and Mac)
- Launch the app on your computer.
- Click on the printer icon or name.
- Select the Printer Settings option. Here, you will find the IP address details of your HP printer.
HP Smart Mobile App (Android and iOS)
- Open the HP Smart app on your mobile.
- Tap the printer name or model.
- Go to the Network Information or Printer Information. At this point, you can locate the IP address of your HP printer.
Printer with a Touchscreen Display
- Go to the Wireless Summary.
- Alternatively, you can select the Network Settings menu to locate the IP address of your printer machine.
A printer without a Touchscreen Display
- First, you need to print any of the following:
- Wireless Network report.
- Information page.
- You will find the IP address on the printed page.
It is easy to find the IP address for the HP printer. If you are using the HP Smart app on the desktop, go to the Printer Settings while for the HP Smart mobile app, you can visit the Network Information or Printer Information page. HP printers with or without an LCD display can also help you to locate the IP address.