Most HP wireless printers released in 2014 or later come up with a Wi-Fi direct connection option on Windows. You can use the Wi-Fi direct option when your local wireless network is unavailable.
Print with Wi-Fi direct for Windows O.S
You can send a print job using a direct wireless connection between your printer and a windows computer.
- Firstly, ensure that paper is loaded inside the input tray.
- Now turn ON your printer.
- Next, you need to search for Printers and Scanners in your windows search bar and open it.
- Now click on Add a printer or scanner.
- Next, click on the link Show Wi-Fi Direct printers.
- Now select the printer starting with the DIRECT keyword followed by your printer model name.
- Now click on Add device.
- After that, a WPS PIN prompt window will display on the computer. Now check the printer control panel or the printed information sheet during the setup for the PIN.
- Ensure that you enter the PIN within 90 seconds and click Next to complete the connection process.
Note:- If your PIN expires, then you need to restart your computer first and then try the setup process again.
- If a Driver is unavailable status message displays, then download and install a compatible driver for your printer first.
- Now open the item you are supposed to print and then click a file and then click Print.
- Finally, select your printer from the list and click on Print.
Frequently asked questions on WiFi direct
- How Can I Change the WiFi Direct Password and Other Settings?
- How to Access Printer Settings & Management Tools with WiFi Direct Network?
- How Can I Find the WPS PIN for HP Printer Setup?
- What to Do When a Print Job or Wi-Fi Direct Connection Fails
Read more: Connect HP printer to wifi