This document explains how to do HP Officejet pro 6978 Wireless setup hassle-free. Here we have also provided the various drivers of the 6978 series printer for Windows and Mac OS.
For the first-time setup of the newly bought printer, go to HP Officejet Pro 6978 installation instructions. If you need any expert assistance to connect your Officejet Pro 6978 to Wi-Fi Network, then contact us via Live Chat.
Wireless Setup For HP Officejet Pro 6978 Printer
To implement a wireless setup, first, you need to connect the HP Officejet Pro 6978 to Wi-Fi Network.
1] Connect Officejet Pro 6978 to Wi-Fi Network
- If you get a notification to Enter the WPS PIN for your printer, then click on Cancel from the control panel window.
- You are supposed to place the HP Officejet pro 6978 printers near the Wi-Fi Router.
- Now turn ON your printer.
- Ensure the accurate installation of ink cartridges and paper loaded inside the tray.
A] Make Wi-Fi Connection For Printer With TouchScreen Control Panel
- First, tap on the wireless icon from the printer control panel screen.
- Next, touch on the setup button.
- Now you need to continue by touch on Restore Network Defaults or Restore Network Settings. Confirm your choice by a tap on Yes.
- Your printer will regain the default network settings, next press the back button.
- Now you are supposed to click on Wireless Settings, then touch on the Wireless Setup Wizard.
- The printer now searches for all available Wi-Fi networks in its range.
- Touch on the name of your wireless network. Now you are supposed to enter the WEP or WPA key that is your Wi-Fi password to establish the connection and then touch on OK.
- If you are unable to find your network name from the list of available Wi-Fi networks, then you need to touch Enter New Network Name and type your wireless network name.
Note: You need to type the exact Network Name, which includes any upper case and lower case letters.
- Once your HP Officejet Pro 6978 connects to your local Wi-Fi network, then the blue wireless light on the printer control panel will turn into solid.
B] Make Wi-Fi Connection For Printer That Does Not Have TouchScreeen Control Panel
Connect HP Officejet Pro 6978 Wirelessly Via Wi-Fi Protected Setup
- Check your router for the Wi-Fi Protected Setup button. No need to press it now.
Note: If your router device doesn’t support the WPS button, then you need to skip to the next method to connect the printer with the help of the HP Smart app.
- Turn ON the printer. If it is on Sleep mode, then click on the Cancel button from the control panel.
- Now from the control panel, press and hold the wireless button for at least 5 seconds or until the wireless light start flashing.
- On the router, press and hold the WPS button for 3-5 seconds or until it shows the connection process started.
- Once the connection between the printer and Wi-Fi is established. Then the blue wireless light on the control panel turns into solid and stops flashing.
If the router doesn’t have a WPS button, then follow the recommended steps for Windows, Mac, and Mobile
- Download and install the HP Smart app from https://123.hp.com/us/en/.
- Turn ON the printer. Press the Cancel button from the control panel if you found it on sleep mode.
- Make your printer ready for a Wireless setup.
Note: You must complete the HP Officejet Pro 6978 wireless setup process in 2 hours.
- For Most Printers Without Touchscreen: You are supposed to press and hold the Wireless and Cancel until wireless, and the power light blinks.
- Laserjet Printers Without Touchscreen: You are required to press and hold the Wireless button until the attention light blinks. Your printer might restart.
- For HP Tango Printers: Press and hold the wireless button for the 5 seconds from the rear end of the printer until the edge lighting starts flashing blue.
- Now Open the HP Smart app on your computer or mobile device. Next, click on the Plus Sign to add your printer.
- Follow the on-screen instructions and continue with the steps for the Wireless setup.
- Now enter the Wi-Fi network password, whether it is WEP or WPA.
- Once the wireless connection is established between the printer and wi-fi, then exit setup.
- Ensure the accurate connection by examining the blue wireless light, which turns into solid after that.
2] Connect HP Printer to Computer or Phone
- At first, you need to connect your Windows or Mac-based computer and iOS or Android-based mobile phone to a local Wi-Fi network.
- Ensure the robust signal strength of the Wi-Fi network for the wireless setup of HP Officejet Pro 6978.
- Visit 123.hp.com, type your printer model name or number (Officejet Pro 6978).
- Next, you are supposed to click on the download option to download HP Smart app for your computer or mobile device.
- Now, install and open the HP Smart app. Next, you need to click on the Plus Sign (+) to add your printer device.
- Lastly, you need to follow the suitable installations to complete the wireless setup connection for HP Officejet Pro 6978 printer.
If during wireless setup, there is a notification message of find printer PIN. The PIN is available on the label adhered to the printer. Moreover, it may require the password, use the same PIN as a password.
If your printer is unable to find by the HP Smart app or you are unable to complete the HP Officejet Pro 6978 wireless setup. Then you can take assistance from experts via a 24/7 accessible Live Chat option. You can drop your basic information such as name, email, or phone number so that experts can contact you immediately to fix the issue.
HP Officejet Pro 6978 Driver Download for Windows 10
Download various drivers and software for HP Officejet Pro 6978. There is a basic driver, fax driver, firmware software, eprint software, utility software, and diagnostic tools for Windows 10 Operating System.
|Basic Driver||IT Professionals Use Only||Download|
|Fax Driver||Universal Fax Driver||Download|
|Firmware||6978 Firmware Driver||Download|
|ePrint Software||ePrint Software for Network||Download|
|Utility Software||All-in-One Print and Scan Driver||Download|
|Diagnostic Tools||HP Print and Scan Doctor||Download|
HP Driver Download for Mac Wireless Setup
Download and install HP easy start and firmware software for Mac wireless setup for Officejet Pro 6978 series printers.
Troubleshooting Tips For Officejet Pro 6978 Series Printers
- Printer Offline Fix on Windows or Mac.
- Cancel Print Job on Windows 10.
- Printer Says Out of Paper Error.
- Alignment Failed or Unsuccessful.
- Problem With Printhead
- Error Code 0xc19a0003
- Faulty Ink Cartridge Error.
- Printer Keeps Jamming.
- HP 50.2 Fuser Error.
- Printer Attention Required.
- Printer Failure or Ink System Failure.