This knowledge base article for the wireless setup on HP Envy 4500, 4510, 4520, 5000, 5540, 6000, 5530, 5600, 7640, 8000, Pro 6400, Envy Photo 6200, 7100, and 7800 series printers. So, you can scroll down for the solutions below to do the wireless setup on your own.
1] Connect HP Envy series printer to WiFi network for printer with touchscreen control panel
Note: Follow the steps below if you changed your Router device or switched to another ISP or your WiFi network is unavailable.
- Firstly you need to ensure that your HP Printer is within the range of the local WiFi Network.
- Next, touch on the Wireless icon from the printer control panel screen. Then Tap on the setup option.
- Now continue by touching on Restore Network Settings or Restore Network Defaults.
- Next, confirm your option by touching on Yes.
- Your Envy Series printer now regains its default network settings. Now tap on the back button.
- Next, you have to touch on the Wireless Settings option and then tap on the Wireless Setup Wizard option.
- Now the printer will search and list all the available WiFi networks in its range.
- To establish the connection touch on your WiFi Network name then tap on WPA or WEP key that is your WiFi password.
- Unable to find your WiFi network from the list of networks. Then touch on the Enter New Network Name and type your wireless network name.
Note: You need to type the exact Network name, including any upper case or lower case letters.
- When the Envy series printers 4500, 4510, 4520, 5000, 5540, 6000, 5530, 5600, 7640, 8000, Pro 6400, Envy Photo 6200, 7100, and 7800 connect with local WiFi network. Then the blue wireless light on the printer control panel will become solid.
2] Connect HP Envy series printer to WiFi network for printer without touchscreen control panel
First, check your router for the WiFi Protected Setup button to connect your printer to the wireless network.
Note: Continue with the next solution if your router device does not have the WPS button.
- Turn ON your printer and if it is on sleep mode then press the cancel button from the control panel menu.
- Ensure that printer is within the range of the WiFi router.
- Next, you are supposed to press the wireless button from the printer control menu for 5 seconds or until the wireless light starts blinking.
- Now within 2 minutes, you need to press the WPS button on your WiFi router for 3-5 seconds or until the connection process starts.
- Examine the wireless light from the printer control panel menu if stops blinking which means a wireless setup connection is established.
3] HP Envy series printers wireless setup for Windows and Mac by HP Smart app
- First, you need to connect your Windows or Mac-based computer or Android or iOS-based smartphone to the local WiFi Network.
- There must be a strong signal strength by the router for Windows and Mac-based wireless setup for Envy series printers.
- Ensure that the printer’s main tray loads with paper and then turn ON your printer.
- Next, you need to download and install the HP Smart App for Windows, Mac, Android, and iOS from https://123.hp.com/us/en/.
- Now open the HP Smart App on the computer/laptop or smartphone and then click on the plus sign (+) to add your printer device.
- Next, you are supposed to follow the on-screen instructions to establish the wireless setup.
- After a step or two, you will be asked to enter the WiFi password.
- Finally, click on the Exit button if the connection between HP Envy 4500, 4510, 4520, 5000, 5540, 6000, 5530, 5600, 7640, 8000, Pro 6400, Envy Photo 6200, 7100, and 7800 series printers and WiFi establishes successfully.
- If the blue wireless light on the printer control panel becomes solid that means the connection is established.
Finally, if you are unable to connect HP Envy series printers to WiFi for wireless setup. Then read our related articles to fix printer setup and registration errors.
Troubleshooting tips for HP Envy series e all-in-one printers
- hp envy 7640 paper jam but no paper
- hp envy 4500 alignment failed
- ink system failure hp printer
- hp envy 4500 incompatible cartridge
- hp printer says out of paper but has paper
- how to cancel print job
- hp printer showing offline on windows 10
- hp envy attention required
- my hp envy 4520 not printing black ink
In this article all the Envy series printers listed below, applicable to connect your printer to WiFi
|All-in-One Series||Various Printer Series Number|
|HP Envy 4500||4501, 4502, 4503, 4504, 4505, 4507, 4508, 4509|
|HP Envy 4520||4521, 4522, 4523, 4524, 4525, 4526, 4527, 4528|
|HP Envy 5000||5510, 5512, 5514, 5520, 5030, 5032, 5034, 5052, 5055|
|HP Envy 5530||5531, 5532, 5534, 5535, 5539 e All-in-One printers|
|HP Envy 5600||5640, 5642, 5643, 5644, 5646, 5560, 5564, 5665|
|HP Envy Photo||6200, 7100, and 7800 Photo series printers|
|HP Envy 4510||4511, 4512, 4513, 4516 All-in-One printers|
|HP Envy 5540||5541, 5542, 5543, 5544, 5545, 5546, 5547, 5548|
|HP Envy 6000||6020, 6022, 6030, 6032, 6052, 6055|
|HP Envy Pro 6400||6420, 6422, 6430, 6432, 6452, 6455, 6458|
|HP Envy 7640||7643, 7644, 7645 e All-in-One printers|
|HP Envy 8000||8000 and 8005 e All-in-One printers|