Through this knowledge base article, you will learn the installation process for HP Envy 4500, 4501, 4502, 4503, 4504, 4505, 4506, 4507, 4508, 4509 e-all-in-one series printers.
For the first-time setup, remove the printer and all the packaging material from the box, make connections, set control panel preferences, load paper inside the input tray, then install the ink cartridges. After the hardware setup process, download and install the compatible printer software driver for your system.
Step-1 Printer unboxing and removing the packaging materials
- Firstly remove the printer from the box.
- Now remove all the tapes and packaging items from outside the printer.
- Next, raise the scanner lid to remove all the tape and foam-based sheets.
- Now close the scanner lid.
- Now open the ink cartridge access door to remove all the tape and packaging material inside the printer.
- Close the ink cartridge access door for now.
- Next, pull out the paper tray outside towards you and remove all the packaging materials.
- Finally, close the paper tray door and recycle all the packaging materials.
Step-2 Make printer connections and set out the preferences
Note: Do not connect the USB cable between printer and computer in this step. It will be done during software installation.
- First, connect the power cord to the rear side of the printer.
- Next, connect the other end to the electric socket.
- Now turn ON your printer device if it does not start automatically.
- Next, from the printer control panel choose and preferred language and then press OK.
- Next, it will ask you to select your country from the drop-down menu or list. So, Select your country/region and press OK.
Step-3 Load the paper stack to the input tray
- First, open the paper tray door and then pull out the input tray towards you to extend it.
- Now gently pull out the paper tray extender. Then lift the paper catch upwards.
- Next, move the paper width guides to their extreme position.
- Now load a stack of plain paper into the tray with the short edge forward. Make sure you push the stack until it stops moving.
- Now you need to move the paper width guides inside until it touches the edges of the paper.
- Finally, push the paper tray forward until it reaches its original position.
Step-4 Installation of ink cartridges for HP Envy 4500 series printers
- Open the ink cartridge access door. Make sure you raise the door until it locks into its place.
- Now you need to wait until the carriage is idle and silent.
- Next, remove one of the ink cartridges from the packing box. Ensure that you only touch the black plastic on the ink cartridge.
- Now remove the plastic tape from the ink cartridge.
Note: Please do not touch the metal contacts or ink nozzles. Do not replace the protective tapes from the metal contacts. Managing these parts may cause clogs, ink failure, or bad electrical connections.
- Now lift the lid on the ink cartridge slot.
- Next, hold the ink cartridge by its sides with the nozzles towards the printer. Then press the ink forward to its slot until it snaps to the place.
- Now close the lid on the ink cartridge slot to secure the ink cartridge into its place.
- Repeat the above steps to install all the cartridges.
- Now close the ink cartridge access door.
- Finally, press ok, on the printer control panel to print the alignment page.
Step-5 Align the ink cartridges for accurate printing
Aligning the ink cartridges is required to accomplish the finest print quality.
- When your printer prints the alignment page, then you need to place it to the scanner glass with the print side down.
- Make sure you place the page according to the guides on the corner of the glass.
- Now close the scanner lid and press OK.
- Your printer now aligns the ink cartridges.
Read More:- HP Envy 4500 troubleshooting