Through this blog, you will learn how to print with wifi direct on Mac devices with the help of a direct wireless network connection.
Steps to Print with Wi-Fi Direct on Mac OS Devices
Wi-Fi direct printer name and password for printers without control panel menu
- Here you need to print the configuration report or help page. The password will be listed under Wi-Fi direct section. Use an appropriate method to print the information page that matches the control panel buttons on your printer.
- Press the information button on the control panel.
- Press and hold the wifi-direct button for 3 seconds.
- Press the information and wifi-direct button at the same time.
- Press and hold the resume button for up to 10 seconds or till the report is printed.
- For HP DeskJet 6000 and 6400, ENVY 6000 and 6400, and Tango printers: Press and hold the information button until all the control panel menu buttons lighten up, and then you need to press the information and cancel button at the exact time.
Wi-Fi direct printer name and password for printers with control panel menu
- Tap on the wifi direct icon or button to get the Wi-Fi direct name and password for the printer.
- Moreover, you can print a network config or network summary page from the reports menu to list all the essential details.
- First of all, find the wi-fi direct printer name and password.
- Next, you need to load papers inside the input or main tray.
- Now turn ON your printer device.
- If you wish to print any web content, like an email or cloud-based record, open the item before proceeding with the steps.
- Next, click on the wireless icon on your Mac device and then continue to the option starting with “direct” followed by your printer model name.
- Now the screen will prompt to enter the wifi password and then click on Join.
- Next, open the file or item you want to print and then click on Print.
- Now select your printer then click on print.
- If you are connected to the wi-fi network in the past then return to the wifi network menu to reconnect the network.
Frequently Asked Questions on WiFi Direct
- How Can I Change the WiFi Direct Password and Other Settings?
- How to Access Printer Settings & Management Tools with WiFi Direct Network?
- How Can I Find the WPS PIN for HP Printer Setup?
- What to Do When a Print Job or Wi-Fi Direct Connection Fails