Yes, other scanning apps can be used depending on your preferences. You can download the scanning software application with the supported HP printers to access the additional scan features. The software will help you scan from your printer, duplex scan, and make an editable scan file.
List of scanning software for Windows and Mac computers:
HP Scan Software
- Visit the official page of HP and download the HP scan software program on your computer. You can use software for both Windows and Mac computers. Once you complete the printer setup, launch the scanning software.
- Windows: Access HP Printer Assistant by searching for the model name and number of your printer. Then, go to the Scan tab and select the Scan a Document or Photo option to launch HP Scan.
- Mac: Go to the Applications list and select HP Easy Scan. Then, click on the Scanner drop-down option and pick your printer.
HP Scan software provides the following features depending on the printer model you are using:
- Scan documents from your HP printer control panel to the email account or computer.
- You can use the duplex or two-sided scanning with the ADF (Automatic Document Feeder).
- Optical character recognition software is helpful to create an editable scan file.
Fax & Scan Tool for Windows
- On your Windows PC, search for the Windows Fax & Scan using the search bar.
- Then, select New Scan.
- Choose your printer model to start scanning.
Windows Paint Tool
- Find the Paint application on your Windows computer.
- Then, go to the Menu or File.
- Click the From scanner or camera option.
Windows Scan App
- Click the Windows search bar and type in the Windows Scan app and use it for scanning.
- If not found, you can install it from here.
Apple Image Capture App (Mac)
- Open the Applications list.
- Go to the Shared or Devices list to select the printer name.
- Select the Show Details so you can use all the scan settings.
HP MFP Scan for Printers with HP Laser MFP (Windows)
- Download HP MFP Scan from here.
- Then, launch the software from the Windows search bar.
- Click on the Quick Scan button to scan your photo or document without making any changes to the settings.
Alternatively, you can click on the Advanced Scan option. This will provide more options for scanning job settings.