Windows users can easily save the scan as editable text using OCR (Optical Character Recognition).
- Make sure Universal Scan Driver is installed on your PC.
- Then, place your document for scanning into the ADF (Automatic Document Feeder) or on the glass of your printer.
- Now, search for HP Scan on your Windows computer.
- Select the Save as Editable Text (OCR) option in the shortcuts list. If required, you can modify scan settings as desired.
- Click the Scan button.
- From the Destination section, you can use the File Type drop-down option to determine how you prefer to save your editable text.
- Click Rich Text (.rtf) to save the text with its original formatting.
- Click Text (.txt) to save the text with any original formatting.
- Hit the Save button.
- If prompted, select where you prefer to save this file on your PC. Once decided, click Save.