If you find the text small after printing your documents, you may want to increase the font size. This can be done by changing the page scale or change font size settings. However, there is no dedicated feature to change the text preferences settings in the print driver.
Therefore, you must change the text size and font type settings only from the app you print documents from. It could be Microsoft Word, WordPad, Pages by Apple, Adobe PDF Reader, or web pages. To learn how to change font size in printed documents for HP printers, follow this guide carefully.
Changing font size in WordPad or Word documents on Windows
When you print your documents from Microsoft Word or WordPad, you can use the settings to change the font size settings as per your preference. To scale the page size, you can use Resizing Options in a print driver. Print Preview will also help you to access the settings to change text size.
- First of all, open your document.
- Then, highlight the text to change the font size. If you want to change the text size for all text, use Ctrl + A keys together to select all text.
- Now, select the Grow Font or Increase Font Size button. This will make the text size larger.
Once you are done following these steps, confirm the image, page break layout, and paragraph in the document to apply larger text size settings.
Changing font size in Apple pages documents on Mac
Apple Pages word processor app also allows you to change the text size settings when printing documents. You can use the Scale to fit paper size option to scale the page size option in the print driver. Besides, you can use the settings in the Print Preview screen.
- To change the font size, you need to open the document.
- After that, you can highlight the text. To select all text in the document, you can use the Command + A keys.
- Then, select the larger font size using the font size menu.
After following these steps, confirm the image, page break layout, and paragraph in the document to apply larger text size settings.
Changing font size in web pages
If you are printing any page through your internet browser then you can change the settings for page size and font size as per your preference. To get a better result, click on the link for the printable version of a web page if available.
Please Note: Not all websites let you change the page or font size through the browser settings. In case these settings don’t change the output size then you can copy the web page and paste it into the word processing app. By doing so, you can adjust the size of the printing text.
Depending on the internet browser you are using, perform these instructions for changing font size in the printed documents:
- To change the font size, go to the menu bar of your browser.
- Then, click on the View or Page option.
- Select the Text Size option.
- After this, you can select the desired font size for your document.
- To change the page size, select the Page Setup option from the Print window.
- Now, remove the checkmark for the Enable Shrink-to-Fit setting. The range of printout sizes is also available on the Print Preview screen.
- To change the font size, go to the Settings icon of your browser.
- Select the Show advanced settings located at the bottom of the screen.
- Then, go to the Web Content section and choose the larger font size.
- To change the paper size, click on the Settings menu.
- After that, select the Plus (+) icon in the Zoom settings. This will make your page larger.
- To change the font size, click on the View option located on the top menu.
- Then, select the Zoom Text Only option.
- Now, click the Zoom-in option.
- To change the page size, go to the File menu.
- After this, select the Print option.
- Select Show Details.
- If required, you can confirm that the page Scale is set to 100%.
- To change the font size, select the Settings menu.
- Select Options.
- Click on the Content option.
- Move to the Fonts & Color section and select the larger font size.
- To change the font size, select Page Setup in the Print window.
- Now, remove the checkmark for the Enable Shrink-to-Fit Page Width setting. The range of printout sizes is also available on the Print Preview screen.
- Select the Scale drop-down menu from the Print screen to choose the larger printout size.
- Navigate to the Settings icon.
- Then, click the Print option.
- Afterward, go to the Scale setting and select the larger printout size.
This is how you can change the page size and font size in different web browsers. Now, your printed documents will provide the text size based on the applied settings.
Changing font size in Adobe PDF reader
If you use Adobe PDF Reader to print your documents, you can still change the paper size and custom scale settings.
- Move to the Print window.
- Go to the Paper Size and Handling section and click Size.
- After that, select the Custom Scale box, click the Actual Size option or select the larger size option in the Custom Scale box.
The text size successfully changes when you are done making these changes in Adobe PDF Reader. Whenever you print through this app, it will print the text as per the settings.
To wind up!
When sending a document for print, you might not have any option to apply custom settings for the font size or page scale. That is because the print driver does not have any option to change the text preferences. Fortunately, you can change the font size by using the app you are printing documents, i.e., Microsoft Word, WordPad, Pages by Apple, and Adobe PDF Reader.